Moldova Tourist Visa
A Moldova Tourist e-Visa is an electronic visa that allows eligible travelers to enter Moldova for tourism purposes. Moldova offers an electronic visa (e-Visa) for certain nationalities, which can be obtained through an online application process.
The tourist e-Visa is a single entry visa, valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. With this visa, travelers can stay in Moldova for a maximum of 90 days within the 180 days period.
What is a Moldova E-Tourist Visa?
An Moldova e-Tourist Visa (also known as an electronic tourist visa or eTV) is an electronic version of a traditional tourist visa. It allows eligible travelers to enter a country for tourism purposes without having to apply for a visa in person at a consulate or embassy. Instead, the application process is completed online, and the visa is issued electronically. The e-Tourist Visa is linked to the traveler's passport and is typically valid for a specific period of time, such as 30, 60 or 90 days.
An Moldova e-Tourist Visa is often cheaper, faster and more convenient than a traditional tourist visa as it eliminates the need for an in-person interview or application and it is usually processed within a few days. However, it is always recommended to check the official website of the country of destination or consult with the Embassy of the country of destination for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Travel to Moldova with an eVisa!
Yes, it is possible to travel to Moldova with an eVisa. An eVisa, also known as an electronic visa, is an electronic version of a traditional visa. It allows eligible travelers to enter a country for a specific purpose without having to apply for a visa in person at a consulate or embassy. The application process for an eVisa is completed online, and the visa is issued electronically. This can save time and make the visa application process more convenient for travelers.
Moldova offers eVisa for different purposes of travel, such as e-Tourist visa, e-Business visa, e-Transit visa etc.
The eligibility criteria for Moldova e-Tourist visa are -
The eligibility criteria for a Moldova e-Tourist visa may vary depending on the country of citizenship of the applicant. However, some common criteria that may be required for all applicants include:
- Possession of a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining before expiry
- A completed and signed online application form
- A recent passport-sized photograph
- Proof of onward or return travel
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover expenses while in Moldova
- Proof of accommodation, such as a hotel reservation
- A valid credit or debit card to pay the visa fee.
How can I apply for the Moldova eVisa online?
To apply for a Moldova eVisa online, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to the website of the Moldova eVisa portal.
- Click on the "Apply for eVisa" button and select your visa type.
- Fill out the online application form with your personal and passport details, as well as information about your travel plans.
- Upload the required documents, such as a passport-sized photograph, a copy of your passport, and proof of accommodation.
- Pay the visa fee using a credit or debit card.
- Wait for your application to be processed. This can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks.
Once your application is approved, you will receive an electronic copy of your visa via email. Make sure to print it out and carry it with you when you travel.
Is Moldova good for tourists?
Moldova is a small country located in Eastern Europe between Romania and Ukraine. It is known for its rich history, culture, and natural beauty.
Some of the top tourist attractions in Moldova include:
- The medieval Old Town of Chișinău, the capital city, which features charming cobblestone streets, historic churches, and a variety of museums and art galleries.
- The wine region of Codru, which is known for its high-quality wines and picturesque vineyards. Visitors can take tours of the vineyards and taste the local wines.
- The Merry Cemetery, located in the northern town of Săpânța, which features colorful, hand-carved wooden crosses with humorous epitaphs.
- The Curchi Monastery, which is a unique architectural ensemble of the 18th century, that combines the traditional Moldovan and Byzantine styles.
- The National Museum of Ethnography and Natural History, which showcases the natural and cultural heritage of the country.
Moldova is also known for its friendly locals, delicious traditional cuisine, and affordable prices. It is a good destination for those looking to explore a lesser-known part of Europe and experience a different culture.
However, it's important to keep in mind that Moldova is a developing country, and the infrastructure and services may not be as developed as in other European countries.
Moldova tourist visa Processing time
Depending on the time of year and the volume of applications received by the embassy or consulate where you are applying, the processing time for a Moldova tourist visa can change. Generally speaking, you should apply for your visa well in advance of the dates you intend to go, as the procedure can take several weeks. However, Some countries can apply for Moldova e-visa which is processed within 3-5 business days. It's always recommended to check with the Moldovan embassy or consulate in your country for the most up-to-date information on visa processing times and requirements.
Frequently asked questions
No. There are currently no COVID-19 requirements to enter Moldova.
English is not widely spoken in Moldova, especially outside of the main cities. However, many young people in Moldova study English in school, and many employees in the tourism and service industries speak at least some English. Additionally, many of the tourist attractions and hotels have English-speaking staff. It's always good to have a phrasebook or a translation app handy, but it's not a guarantee that you will find many people speaking fluent English.
The length of stay for tourists in Moldova is typically 90 days within a 180-day period. This means that visitors can stay in the country for up to 90 days within a six-month period. However, it's always good to check with the Moldovan embassy or consulate in your country before your trip, as the entry requirements and restrictions can change.