Moldova visa policy
The visa policy of Moldova defines the conditions under which citizens of foreign countries may enter, stay and work in the Republic of Moldova.
Moldova has a number of visa categories including tourist visas, business visas, study visas, work visas and others. The eligibility criteria and requirements for each category vary. For example, to obtain a tourist visa, an individual may need to provide a valid passport, travel itinerary, and proof of sufficient financial means to support their stay. To obtain a work visa, an individual may need to provide proof of employment and sponsorship from a Moldovan employer.
Moldova also has visa-free arrangements with certain countries, allowing their citizens to enter and stay in the country for a limited period of time without obtaining a visa in advance.
It is important to note that the visa policy and requirements are subject to change and it is advisable to check the most up-to-date information with our website.
List of E-Visa Eligible Countries
Moldova has introduced an eVisa program for citizens of eligible countries, allowing them to apply for a Moldova visa online. The list of eligible countries for the Moldova eVisa may change from time to time, so it's best to check the website for the most up-to-date information.
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo Republic
- DR Congo
- Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Dominican Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- North Korea (DPRK)
- Papua New Guinea
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
List of Visa is free Countries
Moldova has visa exemptions and agreements with certain countries that allow their citizens to enter Moldova without a visa for a specified period of time. These countries are referred to as "visa-free countries."
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Brunei Darussalam
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- Marshall Islands
- New Zealand
- North Macedonia
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- San Marino
- Solomon Islands
- South Korea
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Timor-Leste (East Timor)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Holy See (Vatican)
List of Visa is required
Citizens of certain countries are required to obtain a visa prior to traveling to Moldova. This means that they cannot enter the country without a valid visa. Citizens of the following countries are required to obtain a visa to enter Moldova:
What is a Moldova evisa?
A Moldova eVisa is an electronic visa that allows eligible travelers to enter and stay in the Republic of Moldova for a specified period of time. The eVisa is issued directly through the online application system, eliminating the need for a physical visa stamp or label in the passport.
Eligible travelers can apply for the Moldova eVisa online, by submitting the required personal, travel and passport information. Once the application is approved, the eVisa is sent to the traveler's email.
The Moldova eVisa is suitable for travelers visiting the country for purposes such as tourism, business, or transit. The validity of the eVisa, the maximum stay in Moldova and other conditions are determined by the Moldovan immigration authorities.
It is important to check the most up-to-date information on the eligibility criteria and requirements for the Moldova eVisa website before applying.
What can I do with my Moldova evisa?
A Moldova eVisa allows you to enter the Republic of Moldova for specific purposes, such as tourism, business, or transit. With a valid eVisa, you can:
Stay in Moldova for the specified period of time, usually up to 90 days within a 180-day period.
Participate in activities related to your purpose of travel, such as sightseeing, attending business meetings, or making a connecting flight.
Travel within the country without the need for additional visa or permit.
It is important to note that the Moldova eVisa does not grant you the right to work in the country or to extend your stay beyond the validity of the visa. Additionally, you may be subject to immigration checks and may be required to provide proof of sufficient funds and a return ticket at the border.
It is recommended to check the most up-to-date information on the conditions and restrictions of the Moldova eVisa website before your trip.
Documents required for Moldova evisa:
To apply for a Moldova eVisa, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Passport: A valid, signed passport with at least 6 months of validity remaining from the date of arrival in Moldova.
- Passport photo: A recent passport-style photograph that meets the standard requirements.
- Travel itinerary: Proof of onward or return travel arrangements, such as a flight itinerary or confirmed ticket.
- Accommodation: Proof of where you will be staying in Moldova, such as a hotel reservation or a letter of invitation from a host.
- Financial support: Proof of sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in Moldova.
- Purpose of travel: A statement or letter explaining the reason for your trip to Moldova.
- Health insurance: Proof of medical insurance coverage for the duration of your stay in Moldova.
Additional documents may be required based on your individual circumstances and the purpose of your trip. It is advisable to check the official website for the most up-to-date information on the requirements for a Moldova eVisa.
Advantages of traveling with an e-Visa to Moldova:
- Convenience: The eVisa application process is simple and can be done entirely online, making it more convenient than a traditional visa application process.
- Faster processing time: eVisas are processed faster than traditional visas, allowing travelers to receive their visas sooner and plan their trips accordingly.
- No need for an embassy visit: With an eVisa, there is no need to visit a Moldovan embassy or consulate, as the entire application process can be completed online.
- Cost-effective: eVisas are typically less expensive than traditional visas, saving travelers money.
- Increased flexibility: An eVisa is linked to a traveler's passport, making it easy to travel multiple times to Moldova within the validity period without the need to apply for a new visa each time.
- Easy to check status: The eVisa application process provides a simple way to check the status of your visa application and receive updates.
- Avoid paper processing errors: The eVisa application process eliminates the risk of paper processing errors, reducing the chances of delayed or rejected visas.
The requirement for a visa to enter Moldova depends on the country of origin of the traveler. Citizens of some countries may be eligible to enter Moldova without a visa for a limited period of time, while others may need to obtain a visa prior to traveling. It's best to check the website for the most up-to-date information and requirements.
Whether Moldova is a good destination for tourists depends on individual preferences and interests. Moldova is known for its wine and vineyards, history and culture, and natural beauty, including caves and parks. There are also several medieval monasteries and churches that are popular tourist sites. The capital city, Chisinau, has a lively cultural scene and a number of museums and theaters.
English is widely spoken in Moldova, especially among young people and in tourist areas. However, the official language of Moldova is Romanian and many locals may not be fluent in English. Knowing some basic phrases in Romanian can be helpful for navigating the country and communicating with people. That being said, in major cities and tourist areas, it is usually possible to find English speakers and signage in English.